Education Texans Can Trust
Every Texan deserves access to a quality education that will allow them to reach their full potential. It is the surest path to individual success and for the collective success of our state and country.
- No public tax dollars should be given to private schools.
- Increase public funding for low income and underserved communities.
- Public school teachers should have their retirements protected by ensuring that we do away with the Windfall Elimination Provision.
- We should continue to take steps towards moving control to the classroom and empowering teachers to fulfill their calling by having autonomy to teach their students and reduce the emphasis on arbitrary, high-stakes tests.
- Strike down toxic legislation like Senate Bill 6 and any regulation that discriminates against a student based on their sexual orientation or gender identity.